Monday, July 20, 2009

Remove car dents quickly and cheaply.

Dents suck. And so does the cost to repair them. My wife's car has a ding in the door that's really been bugging me, and as a frugal shopper I wondered if smarter folks than myself have ever figured out a cheap way to repair dents. Good news...they have.

After doing a lot of web browsing I found many ways. But I don't have the cash for my own electromagnet, or the skills to do paintless dent repair (look either of these up, they take time and money...and a lot of skill). No, I wanted a quick, cheap "10 minutes or less" solution. And I found two. Ladies and gentlemen...welcome to the two minute body-shop. And if you want to repair scratches, i have more tips for those here.

1 - Remove a dent with dry ice

You can find dry ice in many places these days, even your local grocery store. It's cheap too, around $2 or less for a pound (you can buy it in bulk online for even cheaper). All you do is touch the dry ice to the dent for a few seconds and repeat the process until the dent is gone. Wear DRY ICE gloves though. Here's the how-to video I found...


Removing Dents with Ice? - Click here for funny video clips

2 - Remove a dent with a hairdryer and an air duster
I like this one even more, namely because an air duster and a hairdryer is readily accessible in most homes these days. A slightly different process, but still very quick, cheap and easy. Again, here's the how-to video...

Use either one of these and you'll have an almost invisible fix in no time. Plus, you won't have to be without your car while it's in the shop and best of all, you won't have to spend a ton of cash on a repair. A frugal fix indeed.


Remove Car Dent With Airduster - The best video clips are right here

NEW! 3 - Remove a dent with a lighter, aluminum foil and an air duster

Thanks to several WB readers for pointing this new addition out. It's very similar to method #2, and please take note of the use of aluminum foil. I wouldn't want any of you to burn your paintwork. As you can see, and hear, this one works a treat.


Remove Car Dent With A Lighter... - Click here for more home videos

2 comments:

  1. Wow, those are amazing tips you have there! I remember when my husband brought our car to an auto repair shop for collision repair in Dallas. Their service is amazing, and they work on the dents fast. This didn't happen just once. Our car has been hit three times already, and all of those were in Dallas. Dent repairs done by that shop we went to are good, but thanks to your tips, I think we can do something for our car before we bring it to the shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hate it the most when my car gets a dent, no matter how small it is. It's amazing how you managed to remove those dents quickly and cheaply. I'm sure that the other people looking for cheap alternative way to remove a dent will like this. Big dents however are a different case, while it can be removed at home; it is advisable that it should be taken professionally to avoid any problems.

    ReplyDelete